1. There’s no better feeling than when someone compliments you on something you made yourself.
“Oh, where did I get this? NO BIG DEAL, I just made it myself.”
2. Apart from when you make something for someone else, and they wear it all the time.
3. You definitely go through phases of which particular craft you’re obsessed with.
4. Which is why you have a cupboard overflowing with supplies.
Balls of wool you never finished, speciality brushes from when you got into nail art, and of course lots of pretty paper that you could never throw away.
5. You know you definitely spend more money on crafts than you save on buying stuff ready made.
But that doesn’t stop you trying to convince yourself otherwise.
7. Being able to focus on something makes you feel calm.
8. And you get an immense satisfaction from every completed project.
9. Glue guns hold a special place in your heart.
Even if you have a couple of scars to show from it.
10. Art and craft shops are your favourite place to be.
You just find them so inspiring.
11. And trying out new supplies makes crafting twice as fun.
12. You don’t have unfinished projects – just “works in progress”.
13. There’s definitely been projects you’ve regretted starting.
You’ve learnt your lesson with beadwork and you’re not going done that fiddly path again.
14. At the halfway point of any project, you always become eager to start another.
Starting and finishing something is super fun, but it’s the bit in the middle that sometimes takes a bit of willpower.
15. Every occasion and birthday is an excuse to get crafty.
16. But you always seem to have more ideas than time to do them.
17. Your house is overflowing with stuff you’ve made yourself.
From all your different craft phases.
18. When you’re really enjoying making something it’s pretty much all you think about.
You may be physically at work, but your brain is at home thinking about knitting patterns.