1. Most of your conversations involve the phrase “remember that time when…”
And 99% of the time it’s something incredibly embarrassing for the other person.
“Remember that time when you vomited all over yourself at your own party? Yeah, it wasn’t as bad as that.”
2. And if one of you doesn’t remember that time, shit goes down.
“How do you not remember the time we went to see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs just because it was raining? That was a pivotal moment in our friendship.”
3. You have a full library of embarrassing anecdotes to call on at any moment.
But there are also some things you know you don’t touch.
5. You can be brutally honest with each other.
“Does my hair look OK?”
“No, wash it.”
7. And that’s because you’ve shared nearly every single thought and insecurity you’ve had over the last decade with them.
8. You are totally comfortable sitting in silence together doing absolutely nothing.
9. Actually, you are totally comfortable doing pretty much anything together, really.
10. You might get a teeny-weeny bit jealous when the other one makes a new close friend.
But really you know no one is going to be better friends than you two. Besides, you trust their judgment, so this new friend is probably great.
11. They practically blend into your family.
And your mum always asks how they are.
12. They can make you proper belly-laugh like no one else.
Even if no one else really gets your jokes.
13. It’s an unspoken rule that you hate all the same people.
14. If someone bitches about your BFF in front of you all hell will break loose.
19. They have been there for you through all your major crises.
From when that boy started ignoring your texts to the actually serious stuff.