1. High-waisted jeans that were just low-rise jeans that had a denim corset with lots of buttons attached.
2. Jeans that were too long and dragged on the ground.
3. Artificially faded jeans.
4. Every single kind of belt.
5. Especially chunky belts.
If it was slightly painful when you sat down you were doing it right.
6. Studded and checkered belts.
7. Jeans under a dress.
8. Blazers that had a hoodie sewn into them.
So it looked like you were wearing two items of clothing, but actually you were only wearing one. So quirky and clever.
9. Ties, but not with a shirt.
10. And a diamante tie necklace.
11. Coloured footless tights under a denim mini.
12. And mini-skirts with Ugg boots.
13. Ra-Ra skirts in retro colours and, of course, denim.
14. Funny vintage-look T-shirts from Urban Outfitters.
Everything in that Napoleon Dynamite font was cool.
15. Especially if the T-shirt showed that you didn't care what anyone thought of you.
16. Pashminas with every single outfit.
17. Trilbies with shiny ribbons around them.
18. Velour tracksuits that were tight on your bum and loose at your ankle.
19. Jumpers with holes for your thumb.
20. A jersey wrap dress in a jazzy print.
The perfect thing to wear to a '00s wedding.