33 Things Everyone Who Grew Up In London Will Remember
What noise your Oyster card made was a clear giveaway of your real age.
1. These posters have been around as long as you can remember.
2. How you knew the bus driver meant business.
3. When you practically just got away with murder.
4. The coolest school bag you could have.
5. When they honked their horns you knew they were besties.
6. When every other kid in school lived on your route.
7. How you knew it was gonna be a good day.
8. And how you knew you were going to have a bad day.
9. The closest you got to track and field.
10. The most stressful situation, even though no one ever got the £20 fine.
11. Not understanding that you lived in a destination city.
12. The ZIP card tone giving away all your secrets.
13. When the wildlife would try to nick your chips.
14. Enjoying all the sights your local area had to offer.
15. Still the best deal you've ever seen.
16. And never being far from 1,000s of competing deals.
17. White British kids probably being a minority in your school.
18. Not understanding how anyone left their house if they lived outside of London.
19. Doing a Usain Bolt for a tube even though you knew there'd be another one in two minutes.
20. When these touched down it was all anyone was talking about.
21. The one time you didn't risk it, was always the one time the inspector never came.
22. Central meaning anything from Angel to Notting Hill.
23. Pretending you were 13 until you were 19.
24. No one laughed at your chirsping jokes when you moved away. 😔
25. Being shocked at how slow people from the countryside walk.
26. Having a slightly different definition of "football field".
27. Being a mastermind criminal and doctoring your bus pass.
28. Crossing the river was about as much effort as crossing the channel.
29. Never knowing where exactly the bus driver expected you to go down the bus.
30. When you were forced to sit away from your friends.
31. Your first real-life experience of inflation.
32. Everyone having the exact same idea every time it was warmer than 20°C.
33. You knew to never, EVER talk to strangers.
Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!