Here's What £100,000 Buys You In The UK Vs The Rest Of Europe
BRB moving to Berlin.
1. London, UK – £99,000
Location: Bromley (50 minutes by train to the centre.)
• Pretty much the only property for sale in London for £100,000 that isn't shared ownership, a retirement property, or a boat.
• It didn't sell at auction and there's no pictures of the interior, that usually means their hiding something snazzy.*
2. Berlin, Germany – £99,640
Location: Berlin Spandau (An area full of parks and lakes just eight minutes by train to central Berlin.)
• No photos of the interior so might be spooky.
• It's got a balcony!
3. Tallinn, Estonia – £99,800
Location: Kesklinn (right in the centre of the city.)
• What a lovely wooden floor.
• Also near a massive lake and the sea.
4. Paris, France – £91,000
Location: Gambetta (25 minutes by Metro to Gare du Nord.)
• Looks cute.
• The building has a courtyard that looks v French.
5. Stockholm, Sweden – £106,387
Location: Råcksta T-bana (25 minutes to Stockholm central station by train.)
• So stylish.
• Only a 45 minute walk through a lovely park to an actual beach.
6. Rome, Italy – £93,800
Location: Zagarolo (30 minutes to central Rome by train.)
• It's in a very green area, good if you like trees.
• Every room looks out onto a massive balcony.
7. Budapest, Hungary – £91,188
Location: District 7 (sounds grim but is actually a half an hour walk to the centre.)
• Looks like your gran chose the sofas.
• It's got a ~pantry~.
8. Warsaw, Poland – £104,442
Location: Mazovia (right next to Warsaw Old Town.)
• Very modern, good if you like the colour grey.
• Has a dishwasher. (0000oooOOOOooooo)
9. Zagreb, Croatia – £93,928
Location: Dubrava (35 minutes by bus to the city centre)
• IT'S A HOUSE, A WHOLE HOUSE.
• Seriously nice view. (But the kitchen is very yellow.)
10. Bratislava, Slovakia – £100,000
Location: Ružinov, the most populous area of Bratislava.
• The good news is that it comes with some of its lovely furniture.
• Also got a balcony, what's not to love?
11. Madrid, Spain – £84,458
Location: Pozuelo de Alarcón (nine minutes by train, or a 45 minute cycle through a massive park to the centre.)
• Might need a little, teeny bit of work, if you want to you know, live in it.
• What a bargain!
12. Prague, Czech Republic – £97,567
Location: Prague 6 (about half an hour by tram to the centre.)
• Not good if you're really tall.
• There's a beautiful shared garden and a nice view of all the castley things.
13. Belgrade, Serbia – £98,241
Bedrooms: One, I think, it's hard to tell.
Location: Palilula (30 minutes walk to the centre).
• It's got a high ceiling of 3.3 metres, so good if you're tall.
• Interesting decor.
14. Athens, Greece – £98,382
Location: Ilisia (20 minute metro journey to the Acropolis.)
• Dramatic view!
• Chandelier! (Might not be included, but you could buy your own.)
15. Reykjavik, Iceland – £106,221
Bedrooms: Debateable, about two, there is another tiny cottage included not pictured here.
Location: Hólmsá (in the countryside, but only a 9 minute drive to the city centre, because Iceland is tiny.)
• No water or electricity.
• SO CUTE!
16. Lisbon, Portugal – £106,592
Location: Ajuda (15 minute drive or 40 minute bus journey to the city centre.)
• YOU CAN SEE THE ACTUAL SEA!
• It has air con, because it's so hot.