5. Apple will announce that it has obtained international cloud-music licenses
After 4 Oct., all iPhones and iOS devices will have access to international cloud-music licenses from record companies and publishers. Although it has been touted that Apple will reveal updates about its upcoming iCloud and iTunes Match (storing your whole music library “in the cloud”) products, it’s highly unlikely that they will launch tomorrow, and especially that such a vast number of licenses would be immediately available.
4. Apple’s next iPhone will feature first “mainstream” AI
Siri (which Apple bought last year) co-founder Norman Winarsky believes that tomorrow’s announcement will be “world-changing,” and that his company’s voice-recognition technology combined with Apple’s will result in the first “mainstream” artificial intelligence. Who knows what that could really mean, though.
3. There won’t be an iPhone 5, only “4S”
One of the most-talked about rumors from this past weekend is that there won’t even be an iPhone 5 announcement tomorrow, but instead just a minor update (like a 64GB hard drive), and hints at the next iteration. Obviously, this one has infuriated most people interested in the matter.
2. Sprint is betting “the company” on the iPhone
While most industry experts think Sprint will be getting some form of the iPhone’s next generation, some have gone even further and predicted that the company has signed a $20+ billion contract. That would mean Sprint (no. 3 largest carrier) would have to sell over 30.5 million iPhones in the next four years, or, essentially, go belly-up.
1. The iPhone 5 will be a Sprint exclusive, AT&T and Verizon only get 4S
Building off the craziness of the above rumor, today Boy Genius posted that the iPhone 5 will be a Sprint exclusive and will use WiMax 4G technology.
Supposedly, this would also mean that AT&T and Verizon would only get the iPhone 4S (if that exists).
The only real consensus about the new iPhone (whether 5 or 4S) is that it will likely have a side-to-side, 4-inch screen with a higher resolution, 32GB minimum (upgradeable to 64GB) hard drive, with a “dedicated Assistant button,” perhaps integrated with or replacing the “Home” button.
- Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump's attacks on former Miss Universe Alicia Machado "unhinged."
- In a newly released video deposition Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.