Redditor u/taladan asked the question, "Morticians and morgue workers of Reddit: What's the creepiest or weirdest thing you've ever had to deal with?"
1. "My grandfather was a funeral director, and my dad worked there as a kid. He said it wasn't uncommon for a body to exhale suddenly, sometimes with some vocalization."
2. "Rigor mortis can sometimes make a body sit up in a funeral home or morgue (depending on where it sets in)."
3. "One thing that happens that people might not realize is that purge fluid can leave acid burns on your face. It can be unsettling to see on a natural death."
4. "My dad picked up a body from a nursing home, and when he went to make the incision the lady moaned and blood starting coming out of the incision. He called the nursing home, who apparently made a mistake."
5. "I work in the lab and got a set of testicles and penis because a mental patient jumped out of the second story window at the institution. Jesus had apparently told him to tie his junk to the doorknob before he did it."
6. "I'm not one but I worked with a former one, and she mentioned that they had a surprising amount of forgotten dead baby bodies they had no idea what to do with."
7. "Once we got one so far decomposed that the medical examiner didn’t even bother stitching them up after the autopsy. I can still smell that one."
8. "The other day I swore I heard someone cough in the back office while I was supposed to be alone in the building."
"The creepiest stuff to me is when we get gruesome deaths. I never thought I’d have to see bodies in the state that I’ve seen some bodies." —u/MasticatingMuskOx