We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us something tourists do in your country that's 100% not worth it, and what visitors should do instead. Here's what the locals had to say!
1. In Denmark, the Little Mermaid statue is overrated. Instead, go to Nyhavn or Tivoli.
2. Avoid visiting a favela in Rio. Instead, visit Ipanema or Leblon.
3. Amsterdam isn't the only thing worth seeing in the Netherlands. Don't miss out on Delft and Haarlem.
4. St. Moritz in Switzlerland can be pricey, but Lenzerheide, Brigels, and Grindelwald tend to be more affordable and just as beautiful.
5. Oktoberfest in Germany is overrated, but Volksfest in the summer isn't.
6. If you're going outside London, don't only see Stonehenge. Smaller villages offer amazing castles and landscapes, too.
7. If you're staying in the London area, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, and Camden are known for bring touristy. Instead, explore Spitalfields and the East End.
8. There's not a lot to see inside of Torre de Belém in Lisbon, Portugal, so also try and visit Jerónimos.
9. Don't only see the city of Istanbul in Turkey. Also check out Ephesus and Cappadocia.
10. Peggy’s Cove in Nova Scotia is pretty but touristy, so don't miss out on seeing the Louisbourg Lighthouse in Cape Breton.
11. Don't only stay in the urban parts of Puerto Rico, but instead go south and see some stunning beaches.
12. In Italy, don't just go to the popular cities like Venice, Florence, and Milan. It's also worth going to Naples, the Costiera, Salento, and the isles.
13. Bondi Beach in Sydney Australia is overrated, so try checking out North Curl Curl, Collaroy, Palm Beach, Freshwater beach, and Manly.
14. Don't pay to go to the Pearl Tower in Shanghai, China. Instead, eat dinner at a nearby restaurant to get those incredible views.
15. Don't only stay in Dublin, Ireland. Also check out Mayo, Kerry/Cork, and Donegal.
16. Don't only visit Brussels in Belgium. Also go to Antwerp, Ghent, or Bruges.
17. Don't only go to the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington. A visit to the Chihuly Gardens is also worth it.
18. In Atlanta, Georgia, forgo the World of Coke and instead check out the skyline from Jackson Street Bridge.
19. Don't go to Miami Beach in Florida. Instead, go to Sanibel, Fort Lauderdale, or Tampa.
20. Don't stand in line for the original Voodoo Donuts in Portland, Oregon. Instead go to their second location with fewer lines, or try Blue Star or Pips Donuts.
21. Don't only stay in Manhattan during your trip to NYC. Go to Queens and Brooklyn, too.
22. Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco, California is touristy, but it's also worth walking the Golden Gate Bridge, checking out the gorgeous parks, and trying some amazing dim sum in Chinatown.
23. Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee is overrated. Instead, visit the Civil Rights Museum.
24. Avoid the Walk of Fame, Santa Monica, and Venice in Los Angeles and instead go to San Clemente, Newport, Catalina Island, and the Griffith Observatory.
25. Don't only see Mount McKinley in Alaska, but check out other gorgeous scenery, like Eagle and Symphony Lakes.
26. In Denver, Colorado, the city zoo and museums are a bit overrated. Instead, venture outside the city to go to the Rocky Mountain National Park, Red Rocks Amphitheater, and Garden of the Gods.
Want to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts? Follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter!
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.