9. Daisy said that monumental scenes, like when she's reunited with Connell at Trinity, were challenging to her because she had such a clear idea of how it was portrayed in the book that she wanted to be able to do it justice when it came to playing Marianne.
10. Paul loved getting to play the parts where Connell and Marianne were happy together, but he also appreciated playing Connell's darker, more emotional moments since that's not often seen or expressed by men on television.
11. Paul read the book in two days.
12. Daisy's mother read Normal People in her book club, but Daisy read it after she auditioned.
13. When Paul read with Daisy, he remembered it feeling like more of a conversation rather than acting a part.
14. BBC wanted the entire book in one season, not split up into multiple seasons.
15. Lenny Abrahamson, the show's director, stated that they made the decision early on to take an equal gender approach to nudity, as Hollywood tends to approach nudity with the male gaze.
16. While filming was complete before quarantine started, Abrahamson said they had to finish finalizing edits via Zoom.
17. One of Paul's favorite moments was wrapping up shooting in Italy because it was beautiful and everyone just got along so well.
18. Paul read scenes with about 10 potential Mariannes for chemistry tests.
19. Daisy heard about the book from her roommate, who sang its praises and heard about the audition from friends.