- 10 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 10 Farm Rich Jalapeño Peppers (keep frozen until ready to prepare)
- 10 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ lime, juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons adobo from a can of chipotle in adobo
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Prepare Farm Rich Frozen Jalapeño Peppers according to package instructions. Remove from oven and set aside. Lower oven temperature to 375ºF.
- Pound out the chicken until it is half of its original thickness.
- Lay out a piece of chicken. Fold a piece of mozzarella in half and place on the chicken, then top with a Farm Rich Jalapeño Pepper. Roll up the chicken so that the pepper is in the middle. Repeat with the rest of the peppers.
- Place a chicken roll onto a sheet of plastic wrap and wrap it up. Twist the excess plastic on both sides to tighten and firm up the roll. Tie the excess plastic into a knot on top of the chicken. Repeat with the rest of the chicken rolls. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season with a teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a second shallow bowl and whisk.
- Place the panko into a third shallow bowl. Season with a teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, and the garlic powder.
- Dredge each chicken popper bite in flour, shaking off the excess. Then move the bites to the eggs and coat evenly. Finally, roll the bites in the panko until evenly coated.
- Fill a pot halfway with vegetable oil. Heat to 350ºF. Fry the pepper bites until crispy and browned, 3–5 minutes. Drain on paper towels, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5–7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with cilantro
- Dipping sauce: whisk all ingredients together until smooth.