1. Renting is obviously cheaper, so buying's not even worth exploring.
2. You need to have a 20% down payment to purchase a home.
3. You can’t buy a home unless you have a perfect credit score.
4. The list price is final.
5. The internet is just as good as a real estate agent.
6. The lender with the lowest interest rate is the best option.
7. You should put every last penny you can afford down to lower your monthly payment.
Owning a home is now more achievable than ever! Click here to learn about low down payment options, and be sure to talk to a lender near you to discuss how you could own a home with as little as 3% down.
Animation by Victoria Reyes / © BuzzFeed