1. Trying to convince your family to go to the quickie ash distribution rather than the actual mass.
2. Having to hear the same “Hey, you’ve got something on your face!” joke over and over again on Ash Wednesday.
3. Comparing ash shapes with your family.
4. Having that one friend who gave up caffeine or Facebook for Lent and has to remind you about it every damn day.
5. Trying to gauge when would be the best time to pick up pizza on a Friday night to avoid the crowds.
6. Staring longingly at bacon at least once every Friday morning.
7. Arguing with your family about when Lent actually ends: Palm Sunday, Holy Saturday or Easter Sunday.
8. Eating meat accidentally at least once on a Friday, feeling guilty for 30 seconds, and then continuing because you might as well finish what you started.
9. Using Lent as an excuse to restart your failed New Year’s resolutions.
10. But only following them for the 40 days because come on, we’re not training for the Olympics or something.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!