1. When your parents tell you that you're adopted.
2. When you're not supposed to find out that you're adopted.
3. Your BFF's reaction when you tell them that you're adopted.
4. Other people's reaction.
5. You try to be comfortable with the whole adopted thing.
6. People tell you they understand how you feel.
7. How you REALLY feel.
8. Often, a simple question is not so simple to answer.
9. Home? It's complicated.
10. So, do you know your REAL parents?
11. People who don't know you say you look like your adoptive parents.
12. Or you look different from the rest of your family. WHAT?!
13. Or you are way too gorgeous to be related to your siblings. Hmm, well..
14. You don't know what to say when a doctor asks you about your (DNA) family's medical history.
15. You are more excited to see your friends than your family.
16. But you have this funny feeling that friends aren't always enough.
17. When someone makes bad remarks about people because their ethnic background, which you identify yourself with, you try to...
18. But sometimes you just can't help it.
19. You are the Chosen One, so to speak.
20. Struggle? What struggle?
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!