1. Calvin Coolidge Vs. Some Random Lady At A White House Dinner
2. Oscar Wilde Vs. Lewis Morris
Morris had just been passed over for the Poet Laureateship.
3. Winston Churchill Vs. George Bernard Shaw
4. Winston Churchill Vs. Lady Astor
5. Calvin Coolidge Vs. An Opera Singer
6. Muhammad Ali Vs. Joe Frazier
7. Winston Churchill Vs. A Member Of Parliament
8. Winston Churchill Vs. Bessie Braddock
9. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Vs. An Admirer
10. Miriam Hopkins Vs. An Anonymous Singer
11. Ilka Chase Vs. An Anonymous Actress
12. John Wilkes Vs. John Montagu
13. Mohandas Gandhi Vs. Western Civilization
14. Edna Ferber Vs. Noel Coward
Coward was remarking upon the fact that Ferber was wearing a tailored suit.
15. James McNeill Whistler Vs. Oscar Wilde
After Whistler had made a particularly witty observation.
16. Pierre Trudeau Vs. Richard Nixon
Upon hearing that Nixon had called him an asshole.
17. Thomas Reed Vs. Henry Clay
18. Earnest Hemingway Vs. William Faulkner
19. John Barrymore Vs. A Woman In The Lady’s Room
Barrymore was drunkenly urinating in the wrong bathroom, and turned to face his accuser, penis in hand.
20. Robert Benchley Vs. A Man In Uniform
21. Niels Bohr Vs. A Reporter
22. Groucho Marx Vs. A Contestant on “You Bet Your Life”
After the contestant revealed that he was a father of 10.
23. Henry Clay Vs. Massachusetts Senator Daniel Webster
After seeing a pack of mules walk by.
24. Alcibiades Vs. Pericles
25. Abraham Lincoln Vs. Stephen Douglas
After Douglas called him “two-faced” during a debate:
26. Bill Clinton Vs. Dan Quayle
After Quayle revealed that he planned to be “a pit bull” in the 1992 campaign against Clinton and Gore.
27. Reverend Edward Everett Hale Vs. The U.S. Senate
When asked if he prayed for the Senators.
28. Senator Fritz Hollings Vs. Henry McMastor
When challenged by his Republican opponent during a televised debate to take a drug test.
29. NY Mayor Ed Koch Vs. Andrew Kirtzman
After the reporter insisted on pressing a point about an inconsistent statement Koch had made.
30. Abraham Lincoln Vs. A Foreign Diplomat
After the diplomat found Lincoln polishing his boots in his office.
31. Chief Justice Melville W. Fuller Vs. An Attendee At A Church Conference
After the man ranted against university education and thanked God that he had never been corrupted by going to college.
32. Dorothy Parker Vs. New Yorker Editor Harold Ross
Parker had been on her honeymoon, when Harold Ross interrupted her to ask why she was late with a book review.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏