OK, I get that those two weren’t so much “facts” as reminiscences about the BSC, but if reminiscing about the BSC is wrong, I don’t want to be right. You know? But anyway, here’s something a little more substantial …
4. Ann Martin based the character of Mary Anne on herself. She based the character of Kristy on her childhood best friend, Beth, who she’s still friends with! This makes me like Mary Anne slightly less, tbh. Fave babysitter now is Stacey I guess. :(
8. The Babysitter’s Club dolls are pretty legit.
9. Claudia’s crazy outfits were the result of Ann M. Martin’s “poring over catalogues and magazines and seeing what kids were wearing on television.”
More importantly, you can read all about them over at the long-defunct but still wonderful What Claudia Wore.
12. Where are they now, according to Ann M. Martin?
Kristy is “probably the head of something, maybe a business.”
Claudia’s an artist.
Stacey’s doing “something in fashion, not necessarily design, but maybe the business end.”
Mary Anne’s a teacher.
Jessi is still “passionate about dance, but not a professional.”
Dawn is “permanently in California.”
And Mallory? Ann M. Martin does not have any “strong feelings” about Mallory.
Sorry, Mallory. I guess that’s what you fucking get for going on strike.
- Today's the fourth day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- French prosecutors have identified the second suspect in the priest killing in Normandy as 19-year-old Abdel Malik Petitjean.
- The U.S. Justice Department backed Obama's transgender policies in court after Texas and other states sued to block the rules.