OK, I get that those two weren’t so much “facts” as reminiscences about the BSC, but if reminiscing about the BSC is wrong, I don’t want to be right. You know? But anyway, here’s something a little more substantial …
4. Ann Martin based the character of Mary Anne on herself. She based the character of Kristy on her childhood best friend, Beth, who she’s still friends with! This makes me like Mary Anne slightly less, tbh. Fave babysitter now is Stacey I guess. :(
8. The Babysitter’s Club dolls are pretty legit.
9. Claudia’s crazy outfits were the result of Ann M. Martin’s “poring over catalogues and magazines and seeing what kids were wearing on television.”
More importantly, you can read all about them over at the long-defunct but still wonderful What Claudia Wore.
12. Where are they now, according to Ann M. Martin?
Kristy is “probably the head of something, maybe a business.”
Claudia’s an artist.
Stacey’s doing “something in fashion, not necessarily design, but maybe the business end.”
Mary Anne’s a teacher.
Jessi is still “passionate about dance, but not a professional.”
Dawn is “permanently in California.”
And Mallory? Ann M. Martin does not have any “strong feelings” about Mallory.
Sorry, Mallory. I guess that’s what you fucking get for going on strike.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰