17 Superhero Movie Moments That Make No Sense Once You Think About Them
Even by superhero movie standards, some of these moments are just plain old plot holes.
🚨🚨SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT 🚨🚨
1. When Tony Stark blew up his Iron Man suits at the end of Iron Man 3.
2. There's no way Bruce Wayne could have gotten back to Gotham after escaping Bane's prison in The Dark Knight Rises.
3. When Steve Rogers was able to hold off Thanos, someone much stronger than him, through sheer force of will at the end of Avengers: Infinity War.
4. When Ares showed up at the end of Wonder Woman and ruined the ending.
5. Peter was able to give the E.D.I.T.H. glasses away without the glasses having any sort of security protocol in Spider-Man: Far From Home.
6. When Colossus, who is made out of steel, ate cereal in Deadpool.
7. In The Dark Knight, when Bruce Wayne took the blame for several murders in order to save Harvey Dent's reputation and credibility.
8. The public turning against the Avengers for damages and casualties in Captain America: Civil War was a contrived way to build conflict within the group.
9. The explanation that Ant-Man gives of Pym Particles doesn't make sense considering Ant-Man's abilities.
10. Wakanda's method of choosing a king isn't exactly logical and made it really easy for Killmonger to stage a coup in Black Panther.
11. The "Martha" debacle in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, among other things.
12. The way Patience Phillips got her powers in Catwoman was complete nonsense.
13. The X-Men movies had a lot of moments that didn't make sense continuity-wise, chief among them the question of when Jean Grey got her Phoenix powers.
14. The ending of Avengers: Endgame — when Captain America went back in time to be with Peggy Carter and reappeared in the present as an old man — completely went against the rules that the movie itself set up.
15. Star-Lord's cassette player shouldn't still work in Guardians of the Galaxy.
16. General Ross should not have been promoted to Secretary of State after his mishandling of the military in The Incredible Hulk.
17. And finally, Steve's continued interest in Sharon after finding out she was Peggy's niece in Captain America: Civil War was odd.
What superhero movie moments made no dang sense to you? Let us know in the comments below!
Submissions have been modified for clarity and length.
Not all submissions are from Community users.