23 "Gossip Girl" Moments That Are Absolutely Preposterous
You know you loved it, but this show was full of nonsense.
1. When Olivia (Hilary Duff) had a threesome with her then-boyfriend Dan and his best friend Vanessa, who clearly had feelings for him.
2. When Georgina was somehow able to attend NYU, even though we don't know if she even attended high school.
3. When Blair had a miscarriage and none of her friends or family acted like it was a big deal.
4. When every single time a huge blast was sent out from Gossip Girl, every character was available to read it immediately.
5. When Serena got a great job by bumping into someone on the street.
6. When Nate and Dan had unreasonably successful careers before the age of 21.
7. When Lily forged Serena's signature on an affidavit falsely accusing her teacher Ben of statutory rape in order for Serena to get into private school...
8. ...and then when Serena and Ben started dating after he spent years in prison vowing revenge against her.
9. When Bart "died" and then returned, but was hiding in the home of a woman who pretended to be Chuck's mom.
10. When Nate's father let Nate take the fall for his hidden cocaine stash.
11. When Chuck became the owner of a gentleman's club at age 16.
12. When the characters all...forgot they were in college?
13. Any time that Blair and Serena claimed to be best friends when all they ever did was backstab and betray one another.
14. When Serena's aunt hired an actor to play her cousin Charlie, and then fake Charlie (really Ivy) ended up dating both of Serena's mom's ex-husbands later on.
15. When Lily and Rufus had a child together who disappeared the moment they found out about him.
16. When Serena ended up marrying Dan, after he stalked her for years and dated her best friend for a bit.
17. When Chuck and Nate took the NYC bus to school in the first episode.
18. When Chuck became a romantic lead after his gross behavior at the start of the series, including attempting to rape Serena and Jenny.
19. Any time that the Constance girls completely customized their uniforms.
20. When the cast members were CLEARLY older than the characters they were playing.
21. When Chuck told his uncle he would let him have sex with Blair in exchange for his hotel.
22. When Nate constantly slept with much-older, married Duchess Catherine in order to solve his family's money problems.
23. And of course, when Dan ended up being Gossip Girl.
Did we forget any more outrageous moments from this truly outrageous show? Let us know in the comments!
Submissions have been edited for length and clarity.
Not all submissions are from Community users.