Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the group backed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, is gaining support from a diverse group of faith leaders calling for more regulations on firearms. This weekend, faith leaders from across the country will gather in Washington, D.C., for the National Gun Violence Prevention Sabbath, marking the latest attempt by some faith leaders to urge Congress and other political leaders to adopt new gun control measures after Newtown.
The list of faith leaders appearing in the Bloomberg video, in order of appearance:
· Very Rev. Gary Hall, Dean, Washington National Cathedral, Washington, D.C.
· Rabbi Esther Lederman, Temple Micah, Washington, D.C.
· Imam Makhdoom Zia, Mustafa Center, Annandale, VA
· Sister Simone Campbell, SSS, Executive Director, NETWORK
· Sher J.B. Singh, Special Advisor, Skih Counsel of Religion and Education
· Rev. Dr. J. Herbert Nelson, Director of the Office of Public Witness, Presbyterian Church USA
· Rev. Janet Vincent, Rector, St. Columba’s Episcopal Church, Washington, D.C.
· Rev. Jim Wallis, President and CEO of Sojourners
· Rt. Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, D.C.
· Rabbi David Saperstein, Director, Religious Action of Reform Judaism
· Rev. Jennifer Butler, Executive Director, Faith in Public Life
· Rev. Samuel W. Whitaker, Pastor, Contee AME Zion Church, Washington, D.C.
· Rev. Edgar Palacios, Associate Pastor for Christian Education, Calvary Baptist Church, Washington, D.C.
· Dr. Sayyid M. Syeed, National Director, Office for Interfaith and Community Alliances, Islamic Society of North America
· Bishop Donald Williams, Bread for the World
· Sister Carol Keehan, President and CEO, Catholic Health Association of the USA
· Rabbi Gil Steinlauf, Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, D.C.
· Rev. Doctor David Cooney, Assistant to the Bishop, Baltimore Washington Conference
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸