Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the group backed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, is gaining support from a diverse group of faith leaders calling for more regulations on firearms. This weekend, faith leaders from across the country will gather in Washington, D.C., for the National Gun Violence Prevention Sabbath, marking the latest attempt by some faith leaders to urge Congress and other political leaders to adopt new gun control measures after Newtown.
The list of faith leaders appearing in the Bloomberg video, in order of appearance:
· Very Rev. Gary Hall, Dean, Washington National Cathedral, Washington, D.C.
· Rabbi Esther Lederman, Temple Micah, Washington, D.C.
· Imam Makhdoom Zia, Mustafa Center, Annandale, VA
· Sister Simone Campbell, SSS, Executive Director, NETWORK
· Sher J.B. Singh, Special Advisor, Skih Counsel of Religion and Education
· Rev. Dr. J. Herbert Nelson, Director of the Office of Public Witness, Presbyterian Church USA
· Rev. Janet Vincent, Rector, St. Columba’s Episcopal Church, Washington, D.C.
· Rev. Jim Wallis, President and CEO of Sojourners
· Rt. Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington, D.C.
· Rabbi David Saperstein, Director, Religious Action of Reform Judaism
· Rev. Jennifer Butler, Executive Director, Faith in Public Life
· Rev. Samuel W. Whitaker, Pastor, Contee AME Zion Church, Washington, D.C.
· Rev. Edgar Palacios, Associate Pastor for Christian Education, Calvary Baptist Church, Washington, D.C.
· Dr. Sayyid M. Syeed, National Director, Office for Interfaith and Community Alliances, Islamic Society of North America
· Bishop Donald Williams, Bread for the World
· Sister Carol Keehan, President and CEO, Catholic Health Association of the USA
· Rabbi Gil Steinlauf, Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, D.C.
· Rev. Doctor David Cooney, Assistant to the Bishop, Baltimore Washington Conference
- Donald Trump claims Google's search engine was biased in burying bad news about his rival Hillary Clinton.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- "Hamilton" pulled back the curtain on race and Broadway, but these actors show how far theater still has to go 🎭