I’m an over-achieving, workaholic, MBA student who has recently went from working 9 to whenever to being a stay-at-home mom.. abruptly. My goal with this is to stay sharp and keep busy as I work through this life transition.
I know what you’re thinking, another ‘Mommy Blog’. Nope, though I will be sharing the excitement that comes with ruining your first-grader’s life just about every day. #ballerstatus
You will, more than likely, find the scattered musings of a woman struggling with major depressive disorder, anxiety, a strong pull towards religion and a huge fear of anything that takes faith. You’ll find the humor of a middle school-aged boy and some geeking out over whatever video game I am currently devouring.. plus, some book reviews because this is my blog and I do what I want (and I’ve always wanted to review books).
And now, some random facts so you know just what you’re getting into:
1) I love technology.
2) That being said, I hate my Kindle. Sorry Amazon. It’s great, in theory, but I need to hold my books. And smell them. And dog-ear the pages.
3) I used to play World of Warcraft at the level that rivaled having a second full-time job. I’ve been clean for almost 4 years now. I miss it most at Christmas (Feast of Winter Veil).
4) I am a professional at the ‘Pinterest Fail’. So keep your eye out for those posts. They’re a riot.
5) My senior year in high school I was recognized as one of the top egg candlers in my state. Almost 15 years later I totally still think this should be on my resume.
6) I hate wearing pants.
7) I used to be able to drink just about any man under the table. Until I realized that when you are an adult that skill is pretty much being an alcoholic. I abstain from drinking 95% of the time now.
8) I’m just now figuring out who I am. And that makes me feel great and sad at the same time.
9) I cannot dance.
10) One day I heard one of my favorite Counting Crows songs on the ‘oldies’ station and it ruined my whole week.
Realistically, if you’re still reading this BRAVO! I don’t really know where I’m going with this new experiment but I hope you find something that makes you smile, laugh, maybe cry, cringe, and think, “thank goodness I’m not the only one.”
You can find me on the following social media, give me a follow and a shout out so I know you did!
xbox live: stitchx0