5. Wanna know why an octopus’s head is so big? It’s FULL OF SECRETS (and about 500 million large neurons).
The human brain, in comparison, has about 100 billion smaller neurons. An octopus can problem solve, find solutions to puzzles, and is capable of “conceptual thinking.”
In other words: Don’t try to beat these dudes at chess; you will LOSE.
11. Oh, they have a “burn book,” all right. It’s called, “IF I DON’T LIKE YOU I WILL EAT YOU.”
That’s right, fellow octopuses, you better watch your damn back! Because an adult octopus isn’t afraid to try and eat you if it’s hungry. There was even a 2008 study that recorded a female octopus devouring her mate over a two-day period, after he’d just spent three and a half hours mating with her.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.