5. Wanna know why an octopus’s head is so big? It’s FULL OF SECRETS (and about 500 million large neurons).
The human brain, in comparison, has about 100 billion smaller neurons. An octopus can problem solve, find solutions to puzzles, and is capable of “conceptual thinking.”
In other words: Don’t try to beat these dudes at chess; you will LOSE.
11. Oh, they have a “burn book,” all right. It’s called, “IF I DON’T LIKE YOU I WILL EAT YOU.”
That’s right, fellow octopuses, you better watch your damn back! Because an adult octopus isn’t afraid to try and eat you if it’s hungry. There was even a 2008 study that recorded a female octopus devouring her mate over a two-day period, after he’d just spent three and a half hours mating with her.
- Two weeks until Nov 8, there is no shortage of election forecasts. BuzzFeed's data reporters break down what the numbers mean.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but federal officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️