5. Wanna know why an octopus’s head is so big? It’s FULL OF SECRETS (and about 500 million large neurons).
The human brain, in comparison, has about 100 billion smaller neurons. An octopus can problem solve, find solutions to puzzles, and is capable of “conceptual thinking.”
In other words: Don’t try to beat these dudes at chess; you will LOSE.
11. Oh, they have a “burn book,” all right. It’s called, “IF I DON’T LIKE YOU I WILL EAT YOU.”
That’s right, fellow octopuses, you better watch your damn back! Because an adult octopus isn’t afraid to try and eat you if it’s hungry. There was even a 2008 study that recorded a female octopus devouring her mate over a two-day period, after he’d just spent three and a half hours mating with her.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.