1. Inviting friends over is sometimes a problem, because shit like this is hanging all over the house.
2. Or worse, there might be a medical book open to reveal something like this:
4. And forget being babied when you actually ARE sick — they don’t put up with that bullshit.
5. There’s definitely a lot of pressure for you to join the “family business.”
Even if you have absolutely NO interest in medicine, that doesn’t matter.
6. They use medical jargon so effortlessly that you’ve actually become immune to being grossed out.
8. Your parents’ sense of humor is…an acquired taste.
9. Scrubs often stay on at all times, just in case they get called in to the hospital.
10. Their medicine cabinet looks like a damn pharmacy exploded.
13. Your reading options have always been extremely specific and extremely boring.
14. Your friends beg you for super-awkward favors, like asking your mom what that weird thing on their toe is.
15. Texts from your parents can be…unsettling. And often from the O.R.
16. You’ve come to rely so heavily on just asking your parent for advice that you often forget to go see a doctor.
17. You’re unintentionally a master of being quiet, because you couldn’t make a sound when your parent was on call.
18. Unless you were bleeding so profusely that they couldn’t sew it up at home, all medical needs took place at the kitchen table.
20. You were constantly being reminded that your problems were not REAL problems.
Know what a real problem is? Saving lives.
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of blatant racism while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.