1. If you're an absolute beginner, start by running for 1 minute, and add another minute the next day, and another...
2. If you want to maintain weight loss, multiple studies have shown that you should always eat a balanced breakfast.
3. Make time to exercise every day (even if it's just for 15 minutes).
4. Doing the same workout every day will make you feel bored, so do different types each week.
Your body will get bored of yoga every day. Or running every single day. Give it a break (and give your muscles a new challenge) with different kinds of workouts! And a study from the University of Florida found that adding variety to a workout routine will help you stick with it.
5. Get a fitness tracker (doesn't matter which brand) so you're more aware of your activity each day.
6. Don't skip meals, especially right before you go food shopping.
7. Have a fitness buddy who can keep you motivated to workout.
8. Fitness Magazine recommends that you stock up on a week's worth of workout clothes so you never have an excuse ("Oh, no, my sports bra is dirty...") to not workout.
Also, having workout clothes that make you feel comfortable will help you be more confident in your workouts. Which, in turn, may make you actually look forward to working out.