1. Stationery to write actual letters.
There’s a difference between getting an email versus an actual handwritten note. The difference being that one takes a touch more effort and will make the person who receives it feel like the most special person in the world.
Plus, stationery looks expensive, even though it doesn’t have to be. Like this $9 set from Etsy.
2. A photo album that isn’t on Facebook.
You’ll be happy to have those printed-out photos that you — and whoever is in the room with you — can easily flip through together. And if they’re embarrassing photos, it’s better to have them in the safety of a physical album rather than on the internet. (Remember, kids, the internet is FOREVER. Or at least until the robots take over.)
3. An expansive book collection.
Not that there’s anything wrong with your Kindle Fire, but having a physical book to hold just feels different. And when people come over to your house, having a nice bookshelf will serve as a conversation starter.
4. A watch to tell the time.
It’s become universally true that most everyone checks the time on their phone. But there will be times when a phone isn’t allowed — like, say, a meeting at work — and being the only person with the physical watch will come in handy when someone asks for the time.
5. A physical address and phone book.
You can store things digitally until the Wi-Fi goes out, or you lose your iPhone, or the zombie apocalypse hits, or the TV show Revolution actually happens.
It’s a small thing that can be super helpful when you need it. Plus, they also come pretty cheap, like the one above for under $10.
8. A sewing kit to mend the small stuff.
It’s not that you need to suddenly have skills to sew yourself a new shirt, but being able to mend a button on your own is important. Plus, you’ll look like a total doofus if you bring in something to the tailor that you could’ve easily fixed yourself.
- Trump gave a speech in Gettysburg, PA that was billed as a major policy address. He mainly focused on his usual grievances 🔴
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘