1. Chow down at Smorgasburg together in DUMBO.
Cost: It depends on what you order, but you can get two Ramen Burgers for $16 (they are worth every penny).
Why You Should Go: What's better than feasting outside by the water with the person you like?!
2. Listen to a free concert in the park during the summer concert series.
3. Take gorgeous pictures together on the Staten Island Ferry.
Why You Should Go: Selfies with your sweetie and the Manhattan skyline in the background? Yes, please.
4. Hold hands and walk around Prospect Park in Brooklyn.
5. Have cronuts and coffee for breakfast from Dominique Ansel's Bakery.
Cost: Each cronut retails for $5 so you can still spring for coffee and keep it under 20 bucks.
Why You Should Go: This is the birthplace of the esteemed NYC cronut. And in case you've been living under a rock...that's the beautiful hybrid of a donut and croissant. It literally tastes like love. However, if you just want some yummy coffee or a "normal" pastry, there's a separate line so you won't have to wait all day.
6. Rent bikes for free at Summer Streets.
7. Wear your glasses and critique like professionals at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Cost: Whatever amount you think is appropriate. The suggested donation is $25 but if you're tight on cash and only pay $1, no one will stop you from entering!
Why You Should Go: It's one of the best and biggest museums in the world. It houses the largest collection of Egyptian art outside of Cairo and almost every piece is currently on display. And don't forget to check out The Anna Wintour Costume Center if you're interested in fashion.
8. Adventure around Bottle Beach AKA Dead Horse Bay.
9. Sweat it out together at Yoga to the People.
10. Lay in a hammock at Picnic Point on Governor's Island.
Cost: $2 roundtrip ferry ride and free on certain days/times.
Why You Should Go: It's only available May 23-September 27 during the summer so make it happen while you can! You can sit inside a container while eating out of a container for lunch prior to getting your hammock on.
11. Eat popsicles on The High Line.
Cost: $3.50 each for popsicles, High Line is free
Why You Should Go: With flavors like spiced pear, strawberry ginger, and apple rosewater, it's a unique way to cool yourselves off while you're strolling above the city.
12. Ride the ferris wheel at Coney Island and then buy a couple hot dogs.
13. Kayak around the city for free with the NYC Downtown Boathouse.
Why You Should Go: Physical activity gets the endorphins going. 😏
14. Walk around Chelsea Market on a rainy day.
Cost: Free to walk around, but it's inevitable you'll want to buy coffee or a sweet treat!
Why You Should Go: It's completely enclosed so it's a great plan for a day with heavy summer showers. There are shops, eateries, and grocers.
15. Kiss under the fireworks on the Fourth of July at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
16. Get lost in all the street art by Bushwick Collective.
Why You Should Go: There's insane grafitti from not just local artists, but international ones as well. Your Instagram followers will appreciate your date, too!
17. Whisper sweet nothings to each other at the Grand Central Whispering Arch.
Why You Should Go: In some strange phenomenon that has to do with the way the walls are structured, you can whisper something into one area of the wall and your partner can hear you more than 30 feet away facing the opposite direction!