1. Your birthday cakes are always depressingly macabre.
Ah, yes. Another year older, another year closer to the grave. No, I’m not hyperventilating, I’m just so excited to eat this coffin cake.
6. Your friends are always trying to pass off that Halloween thing they want to do as a special birthday activity.
“We’ll celebrate your birthday at the [Halloween dance party/haunted house/graveyard tour]!” — Your friend who really wants to go to the [Halloween dance party/haunted house/graveyard tour]
9. Everyone wants to watch scary movies on the days leading up to Halloween.
Remember when you were a kid and you were kept awake the night before your birthday with restless excitement? It’s kind of like that, except you’re afraid ghosts are going to eat your face.
- Donald Trump criticized NATO, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the European Union in an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.