1. Your birthday cakes are always depressingly macabre.
Ah, yes. Another year older, another year closer to the grave. No, I’m not hyperventilating, I’m just so excited to eat this coffin cake.
6. Your friends are always trying to pass off that Halloween thing they want to do as a special birthday activity.
“We’ll celebrate your birthday at the [Halloween dance party/haunted house/graveyard tour]!” — Your friend who really wants to go to the [Halloween dance party/haunted house/graveyard tour]
9. Everyone wants to watch scary movies on the days leading up to Halloween.
Remember when you were a kid and you were kept awake the night before your birthday with restless excitement? It’s kind of like that, except you’re afraid ghosts are going to eat your face.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️