1. Rose isn’t actually sticking up for Chris when she argues with the cop about showing ID. She’s avoiding a paper trail.
Had the cop run both their licenses, there would be a record that Chris and Rose were together before his eventual disappearance.
2. After Rose and Chris hit the deer, Chris goes to see if it’s OK. Two things are happening here: 1) It’s the first introduction to the hit-and-run theme. 2) Chris shows empathy; Rose does not.
It lets on that Rose might not be as good of heart as we gleaned from the first few scenes.
3. Dean has a lot to say about how little he cares for deer and bucks. “Black buck” was a racist slur in post-Reconstruction America for black men who refused to bow to white authority.
And fittingly, he is killed with the symbol of his own racism when Chris impales Dean with the antler of a mounted buck.
6. On the tour, Dean remarks, “We hired Georgina and Walter to help care for my parents. When they died, I couldn’t bear to let them go.” There’s a pronoun antecedent slip here, and it’s on purpose. He couldn’t bear to let “them” — as in his parents, not Georgina and Walter — go.
So — yada yada yada — he gave his parents new life by putting their brains in younger bodies. Totally normal stuff.
14. Chris’s cell phone camera gives him his first insight into the mystery of Logan’s strange behavior. Cell phone footage has been instrumental in shedding light on police brutality cases in America in recent years.
And during the finale, when Chris sees police lights on the dark road, he immediately puts his hands up, despite being the one in danger.
You can read more about that here.
18. The image of Rose eating Froot Loops and milk separately can be seen as a metaphor for never mixing nonwhite and white things.
Also that entire scene where she’s shopping around for new victims while Chris is about to undergo his lobotomy could serve as criticism for white women’s passive indifference to racism in America.
- Four people were killed in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.
- Rep. Adam Schiff said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that President Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- Donald Trump said he feels "somewhat" vindicated after the Republican intelligence chairman in the House claimed Trump's team was surveilled.
- As if it wasn't easy enough to buy someone coffee, you'll now be able to send Starbucks gift cards via text on Apple's iMessage ☕️📲