1. Erin Bodechon, 2 years since beating acute promyelocytic leukmia.
“Surviving this has made me a more positive person, I feel so lucky to be alive. After cancer every day you are here is a gift and I don’t want to waste a moment of my life since I was given a second chance.”
2. Katrina Kieltyka, 3 years since beating Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
“I heard someone say the other day, ‘The bigger my hair gets, the more fun I’m having,’ and I thought it was spot on. As attached as I am to my hair now, though, I’ll always remember how great a bald head feels in the summer and how liberating not having to worry about styling my hair was. Sometimes I even think about shaving my head again!”
3. Connor Moltzan, 4 years since beating Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
“Thanks to cancer I’m inspired by my FOMO… fear of missing out!”
4. Elizabeth Engle, 8 years since beating non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
“I truly see each day as a blessing, I don’t sweat the small stuff and I’m thankful I have to shave my legs.”
5. Joanne Chack, 4 years since beating Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
“I learned that Faith, Family and Friends — in that order — is how I will proceed going forward. I care so deeply about the ones I love and the people that come into my life and who were there for me. I thank God for his blessings and for putting my faith in humanity by seeing me through every step of the way. I am humbled and grateful to be alive and take NOTHING for granted.”
6. Kathleen Emmets, 7 months since beating colon cancer.
“I learned to create a life worth fighting for.”
7. Guy Gondron, 3 years since beating squamous cell carcinoma (head and neck cancer).
“Life after cancer is weird. Life is still a struggle, but the volume gets turned down on a lot of things. The hardest thing is that it sometimes feels like people are afraid they’ll catch it from you, like it’s contagious.”
8. Linda Mei, 12 years since beating breast cancer.
“Pink became my new favorite color and I rock it.”
9. Lindsay Goldstein, 1.5 years since beating ovarian cancer.
“After cancer, I’ve learned to look at the silver linings of every part of my life. Focusing on the good has made my second chance at life so much more positive!”
10. Erin Chack, 5 years since beating Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
“I’m thankful for bad hair days because they’re still hair days.”
- Bernie Sanders tried to rally his supporters, but got booed when he urged them to vote for Hillary Clinton 😡🇺🇸
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.