24 Comics That Capture The Frustration Of Anxiety Disorders
For those who have dealt, are dealing, or simply want to learn more.
[Editors' note: Anxiety affects everyone differently. These comics represent the experience of the artists and not necessarily the experiences of every person who deals with anxiety disorders. Anxiety is deeply personal, but we hope you find some solace in these comics.]
1. The way our restless minds consume us.
2. The unique experience of having a panic attack.
3. The seemingly superhuman power our minds has over us.
4. How little things can add up.
5. Our weird ways of coping.
6. The way anxiety becomes a constant companion.
7. The difficulty of communicating our anxiety to others.
8. The way the littlest things can feel like huge accomplishments.
Art by Beth Evans.
9. The hard truth that it's not something we can run away from.
10. The constant worry that we're the only ones who think about the big questions.
11. The way anxiety can keep us from reaching our potential.
12. The crippling overanalysis of everyday interactions.
13. The fear.
14. How anxiety stops us from being social.
15. The unfortunate fact that anxiety can strike at any given second.
16. The way anxiety interferes with our ability to exist normally.
17. The different forms anxiety can take.
18. The art of giving ourselves credit for the smallest victories.
19. The terror of owning up to our anxiety.
20. How anxiety manifests itself physically.
21. The way anxiety can overshadow the positive aspects of our lives.
Art by Elena of elena-the-alter-ego.tumblr.com.