1. Samuel L. Jackson is, in a word, intimidating.
2. He has a clause written into his movie contracts that says he must be given two days off a week to play golf.
3. He threatened to boycott the movie Snakes On A Plane when the producers tried to change the title to Pacific Flight 121.
4. He requested a purple lightsaber in the Star Wars films so he'd be able to spot himself in fight scenes.
5. Samuel L. Jackson won't take your shit on Twitter.
6. Even if you're a famous critic for The New York Times.
7. One time he dropped the F-bomb live on Saturday Night Live...
8. And another time he refused to answer a question during an interview for Django Unchained until the interviewer said the n-word.
9. Jackson doesn't care about being nominated for things; he only cares about winning things.
And win things he does.
10. In 1991, his performance in Jungle Fever was so good, the Cannes Film Festival created the category for Best Supporting Actor just so they could give him an award.
11. Jackson was an usher at Martin Luther King Jr.'s funeral.
And was so enraged by the assassination that he and a student group held members of Morehouse College's Board of Trustees hostage to protest the school's governance. He was quickly suspended.
12. This is how Samuel L. Jackson amped people up for the 2012 BET Awards.
People were effectively amped.