1. With the U.S. and Dominican Republic tied at 1-1 in the ninth inning of a critical World Baseball Classic game last night, umpire Angel Hernandez called this a strike.
2. Except it was clearly not a strike.
3. In real time, it definitely doesn’t look like a strike.
4. MLB Network’s own Strike Zone said it was not a strike.
6. Twitter collectively agreed it was not a strike.
THAT WAS THE WORST FLIPPINING PITCH EVER. THAT WAS NOT A STRIKE. OMG.— Expressionâˆž
Is it fair to say that Angel Hernandez just made the worst strike call in the history of the world?— Jared Diamond
that was the worst back door strike call i have ever seen. #WBC— Brian Wolfe
One of the worst strike/ball calls in the history of professional international baseball.— TJ Viracola
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT WAS THE WORST STRIKE CALLED EVER HHAHAHA— Tim î„
That might have been the worst call in ball-strike history.— Dave Brown
That might be the worst strike call I’ve ever seen. Literally. Wow.— Ryan Wagner
13. Erick Aybar certainly did not think it was a strike.
14. Likewise, the Dominican Republic bench somewhat disagreed with Hernandez’s assessment.
15. On third base, Nelson Cruz was also incredulous.
16. One pitch later, though, Aybar got the game-winning hit.
17. Revenge? You’re damn right.
18. (For the record, not to take away from Angel Hernandez, but Eric Gregg’s umpiring during the 1997 NLCS is the worst there has ever been or will ever be.)
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩