1. With the U.S. and Dominican Republic tied at 1-1 in the ninth inning of a critical World Baseball Classic game last night, umpire Angel Hernandez called this a strike.
2. Except it was clearly not a strike.
3. In real time, it definitely doesn’t look like a strike.
4. MLB Network’s own Strike Zone said it was not a strike.
6. Twitter collectively agreed it was not a strike.
THAT WAS THE WORST FLIPPINING PITCH EVER. THAT WAS NOT A STRIKE. OMG.— Expressionâˆž
Is it fair to say that Angel Hernandez just made the worst strike call in the history of the world?— Jared Diamond
that was the worst back door strike call i have ever seen. #WBC— Brian Wolfe
One of the worst strike/ball calls in the history of professional international baseball.— TJ Viracola
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT WAS THE WORST STRIKE CALLED EVER HHAHAHA— Tim î„
That might have been the worst call in ball-strike history.— Dave Brown
That might be the worst strike call I’ve ever seen. Literally. Wow.— Ryan Wagner
13. Erick Aybar certainly did not think it was a strike.
14. Likewise, the Dominican Republic bench somewhat disagreed with Hernandez’s assessment.
15. On third base, Nelson Cruz was also incredulous.
16. One pitch later, though, Aybar got the game-winning hit.
17. Revenge? You’re damn right.
18. (For the record, not to take away from Angel Hernandez, but Eric Gregg’s umpiring during the 1997 NLCS is the worst there has ever been or will ever be.)
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."