1. Spain’s David Ferrer needed a win today at the French Open to avoid earning a rare distinction: Losing in six career Grand Slam semifinals without ever having gone on to a final.
Mr. David Ferrer, a few minutes ago. Contesting his sixth major SF. Never been to a final… #RG13
2. But today, Ferrer (a.k.a. The Little Beast) finally broke through to the finals of a Grand Slam, knocking out Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-1, 7-6 (3), 6-2.
HUGE win for Ferrer! #RG13
10. Tsonga? Yeah, not quite so happy with the day’s result as his attempt to become the first Frenchman in 30 years to win the French Open (Yannick Noah, 1983) fell far short.
11. Ferrer’s opponent in the final will be Rafael Nadal, who’s won this event seven times and knocked off top-seeded Novak Djokovic in five sets today (and made this crazy face).
12. Good thing the Little Beast has the game-face game to match up. (Whether he’ll be competitive with Nadal, against whom he has a career 4-19 record, remains to be seen.)
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱