1. Tahiti’s Mikael Roche played a match against Spain on Thursday. It was a very long match against the best soccer team on the planet.
3. And definitely not after the second goal.
4. Or the third goal.
5. Is soccer getting…less fun at this point? Probably, but Roche stayed in the game.
6. He stayed in for the fourth goal.
7. And the fifth goal, just after halftime.
8. And the sixth goal.
9. And the seventh goal.
10. It really was not Roche’s day.
11. Fernando Torres lent a helping hand, but it was of little comfort.
12. Because then came the eighth goal.
13. DEFINITELY NOT HAVING ANY FUN.
14. Then, miraculously, the game started to turn in Roche’s favor. David Villa got a free kick for Spain … which Roche turned away!
15. Villa was stunned!
16. Then Roche made another nice save right after that.
17. But then Tahiti got called for a handball in the box. Penalty kick awarded to Spain, but Roche was ready.
18. Fernando Torres is ready.
19. And Torres…HITS THE BALL OFF THE CROSSBAR!
20. THREE GOOD THINGS IN A ROW HAPPENED!
21. VICTORY! (SORT OF!)
22. So never mind that Torres actually scored Spain’s ninth goal of the match less than a minute after that.
23. Or that Spain finished the day with a 10-0 shutout after this final tally in the 89th minute.
24. After the match, Roche was all smiles, especially while swapping tales with his Pepe Reina, his Spanish counterpart.
25. After all, it was probably the most memorable day of his soccer career in every way possible.
- Four people died in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.
- Rep. Adam Schiff said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that President Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- Donald Trump said he feels "somewhat" vindicated after the Republican intelligence chairman in the House claimed Trump's team was surveilled.
- As if it wasn't easy enough to buy someone coffee, you'll now be able to send Starbucks gift cards via text on Apple's iMessage ☕️📲