1. For the All-Star Game at Citi Field, MLB has set up part of the scoreboard with the results of recent Midsummer Classics. But wait, something was missing yesterday.
It’s @MLB revisionist history. The tied All-Star Game in 2002 didn’t happen.
2. The 2002 game never happened!
3. Of course, that was when the game ended in a controversial 7-7 tie after 11 innings which remains a permanent black mark on the tenure of Commissioner Bud Selig (pictured center).
4. Fans were booing and chanting “Let them play!” as it became clear that there’d be no winner.
5. Today, the game is back! Baseball infamy is restored.
So the 2002 ASG tie did happen after all. Back on scoreboard after yesterday’s odd absence