1. It was a such a promising start to the NFL’s Opening Night festivities in Denver. Ryan Seacrest was PUMPED (though we’re not sure why he was there).
2. Then the rain came.
3. It kept raining.
4. And it didn’t stop. Due to lightning in the area, the game had to be delayed indefinitely.
5. Some fans took it all in stride.
6. While the sideline crew stood on the wet field and held metal rods toward the sky.
7. The NFL started off promising only a 15-minute delay — and then dropped another one.
8. Kickoff eventually came after a 32-minute delay, though it was raining as hard as it had been all night.
9. NOW WE’RE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.
10. On the other hand, at least it wasn’t this again.
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- Daniel J. Berrigan, an American priest and poet famous for leading anti-Vietnam War protests, has died at the age 94.
- U.S. President Barack Obama zinged the media and presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸