1. For the fourth time in the past decade, the St. Louis Cardinals are on top of the National League. A 9-0 beatdown in Game 6 of the NLCS Friday night sealed yet another trip to the Fall Classic.
3. Catcher A.J. Ellis’ face says it all for what the Dodgers and their fans are thinking now.
4. A historic second-half run was ultimately for naught, as the offense couldn’t keep up with St. Louis’ bats on a night that prospective Cy Young-winner Clayton Kershaw (four innings, seven earned runs) was downright human.
5. For the 16-year veteran Beltran, who had three hits on the night, it’s a first legit shot at a World Series title.
6. 22-year-old Michael Wacha, who pitched seven spectacular shutout innings of two-hit ball for his second win, was named NLCS Most Valuable Player.
7. And for new St. Louis manager Mike Matheny, it’s a pennant in his second season as skipper.
The skipper and his trophy.
8. As for their prospective opponents, the Cardinals are 2-1 lifetime against both Boston and Detroit.
9. The 11-time World Champion Cardinals have a few days now to enjoy this win — and start thinking in earnest about No. 12.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the European Union, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥