1. It all started with a ball in the back, retaliation for the previous batter bunting with a six-run lead.
2. In fact, Mexico third baseman Luis Cruz called for the beaning after the bunt occurred.
Cruz interpreted the bunt as a display of poor sportsmanship by a team with a six-run lead, but in World Baseball Classic pool play, each team actually needs to score as many runs as possible, to avoid potential tiebreakers later on.
3. The benches then cleared almost immediately after the beaning.
4. Both teams started throwing punches in all directions.
5. There was even a little bit of wrestling.
6. A Mexican fan then threw a bottle at the Canadian players.
7. That prompted a retaliation from Canada’s Cale Iorg.
8. A fan from that same area was ejected a couple of minutes after play resumed.
9. Here’s the full sequence, which ultimately delayed the game about 10 minutes before play continued.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸