1. It all started with a ball in the back, retaliation for the previous batter bunting with a six-run lead.
2. In fact, Mexico third baseman Luis Cruz called for the beaning after the bunt occurred.
Cruz interpreted the bunt as a display of poor sportsmanship by a team with a six-run lead, but in World Baseball Classic pool play, each team actually needs to score as many runs as possible, to avoid potential tiebreakers later on.
3. The benches then cleared almost immediately after the beaning.
4. Both teams started throwing punches in all directions.
5. There was even a little bit of wrestling.
6. A Mexican fan then threw a bottle at the Canadian players.
7. That prompted a retaliation from Canada’s Cale Iorg.
8. A fan from that same area was ejected a couple of minutes after play resumed.
9. Here’s the full sequence, which ultimately delayed the game about 10 minutes before play continued.
- Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Moonlight." He's the first Muslim actor to win an Oscar 🏆👏
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲