1. On one swing of the bat from Shane Victorino, a touch-and-go game for the Red Sox — one that appeared ready to go Detroit’s way and force a Game 7 — swung back and propelled the home team into its first World Series in six years.
2. Until the seventh, the tension was nearly unbearable for Sox fans.
4. Suddenly, a one-run deficit had turned into an ultimately insurmountable lead.
5. From there on, the Boston bullpen took over, Victorino having done the heavy lifting.
6. Torii Hunter was, clearly, not impressed.
8. They also got a lucky at times, like when Dustin Pedroia missed a three-run home run by inches. (Watch closely as the shadow creeps by.)
10. And as usual, it was Koji Uehara’s splitter that slammed the door for Boston tonight and ended Detroit’s season.
12. David Ortiz’s parting words for St. Louis: “Bring it!”
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀