1. During his weekly halftime commentary, NBC’s Bob Costas criticized Redskins owner Dan Snyder and team executives for their continued refusal to consider changing the “Redskins” team name to something slightly less offensive.
2. “It’s an insult — a slur — no matter how benign the present-day intent.” Here are Costas’ full remarks:
- At least 29 people are dead and 166 hurt after explosions outside a stadium in Turkey, the country's interior minister said.
- Trump will reportedly pick ExxonMobil's CEO Rex Tillerson as secretary of state. He has a long history of oil deals with Russia.
- Gen. David Petraeus helped block the autopsy of an Afghan man who died mysteriously in US custody, emails show.
- "Saturday Night Live" revealed Donald Trump's newest pick to lead the Drug Enforcement Agency: Walter White.