1. The Bengals played a superb game at home against the 4-0 Patriots, holding Tom Brady to an 18-38 performance. BenJarvus Green-Ellis put Cincy up by 10 on a rushing TD with less than 10 to play.
2. But when the Pats cut it to 13-6 in the waning minutes and tried to drive for another score, the Bengals defense stepped up big — with this Terence Newman pass deflection, for example.
3. They should teach this in football textbooks.
You know, the football textbooks that everyone in America gets in third grade.
4. Conversely, Patriots receivers couldn’t pull in anything in the end zone.
5. Tom Brady was quite displeased. After all, his 52-game streak of throwing at least one TD pass was heading toward an end. (Also, he was losing.)
6. Preposterously lousy weather also played a factor in that final Patriots drive.
7. For a while, each play was foggier and colder and more muddled than the last.
10. Despite all that, the game wasn’t in hand for Cincy until Adam Jones hauled in this acrobatic interception with 20 seconds to play. Brady’s TD streak was officially toast.
11. Even through the rain, you can appreciate Jones’ awareness.
13. This was the Patriots’ entire day in one play: Struggling in the rain, little protection around the pocket, poor execution all around.
14. Hey, cheer up, Tom Brady.
15. It could always be worse.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌