But then the season started, and the fun stopped.
6. And then it was 0-2 after losing at home to big brother Peyton.
7. And 0-3 after a 38-0 road loss against the Carolina Panthers.
8. The fun factor had long reached subzero by this point.
9. A road trip to Kansas City brought no measure of fun at all.
10. It only brought another loss — this one a 31-7 drubbing by the Chiefs — and an 0-4 record.
11. Returning home to play the Eagles could’ve been fun — but was not.
12. The Fourth Quarter Spin of Sadness indicated a complete lack of fun.
13. When you don’t have an offensive line of which to speak, there is often little fun in being a quarterback.
14. The team has to make plays in order to have fun.
15. And that did not happen against the Eagles.
16. When you’re not having fun, you just want to hide your face.
17. But the cameras will always find you.
20. And no one enjoys looking like Hobo Michael Phelps, but here you are.
21. And you head into Thursday Night Football against the Bears, hoping the gods will smile on you for just one night. And then you throw a pick 53 seconds into the game.
22. And your second interception, just five minutes later, is returned for a score.
23. And you’re trying to tie it up before halftime but you’re forced to punt instead because your receiver can’t handle the ball off his fingertips.
24. And being an unwilling player in a slo-mo halftime highlight montage is never fun.
25. But what’s even less fun than that?
26. Not having fun in your second montage of the game.
27. Having to dwell on your late-game interception is the complete-opposite definition of the word “fun.”
28. Having to listen to your coach about it is even less so.
29. And then the Giants went to 0-6 — their worst start in 37 years.
30. Football can be fun, but Eli Manning is not having any. (Fun, that is.)
31. Will it get more fun from here on? Just watch Eli’s face. That’s how we’ll know.
- It's inauguration day: Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States around 12pm ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌