Ever Notice How The Orcs In "Shadow Of Mordor" Are Basically Frat Bros?
Welcome to Omega Rho Chi, AKA the ORC Frat.
If you know anything about video games, you know that Warner Bros. Shadow of Mordor caused quite a stir in gaming.
Set in the universe of J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth, Shadows of Mordor takes place in the time between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of The Ring.
It's basically a prequel to the Lord of The Rings trilogy.
The graphics are excellent, and the combat mechanics, while not revolutionary, feel great.
Shadows also introduced an innovative new hierarchy system for enemies that everyone talked about.
Every orc in the game has an unique identity with a name and custom strengths and weaknesses to be exploited when you fight them. They even get promoted through Sauron's army when they kill you!
But there's also something else that makes these orc bros seem familiar...
1. The brothers of Omega Rho Chi know how to party.
2. Their swag philosophy is admirably simple.
3. They don't always know their limits when it comes to booze.
4. Like, way, way not at all.
5. After one of their ragers, you'll find them passed out all over the place.
6. Like, ALL over the damn place.
7. Including some really questionable crash spots.
8. Some of their "party games" seem downright dangerous, tbh.
9. Which might be because they are clearly high AF for large parts of their day.
Thrak, dude, your eyes are literally glowing. I know you're faded.
10. They always have one dude named "Tank" or "Diesel" or "Big Narkôth" who thinks gross stuff is hilarious.
11. The hazing during Hell Week is pretty brutal.
12. And, finally, their ideas about public decency are a touch...hazy.
All Images Courtesy Of Warner Bros. Interactive