Let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start.
(Sung to the tune of “Do-Re-Mi”)
When you watch tonight’s program
And you feel one of these things
You take a drink, take a drink.
The thing you need to do is
take a drink, take a drink.*
1. Whenever you smile at the adorable Von Trapp children.
2. Whenever Maria and Captain Von Trapp get their subtle flirt on.
3. Any and all Nazi sightings.
4. Conversely, any time a nun appears.
5. If and when the characters step "outdoors."
6. Every time you miss Julie Andrews.
7. When you are on the verge of tears.
8. When your entire musical theater-loving Twitter/Facebook feed freaks out about the exact same thing.
9. Whenever there is a song reprise (because the beautiful Sound of Music score is full of them!)
10. When you say, "That's not how they did it in the original!"*
*Even though NBC is basing its version on the musical, not the 1965 film.