1. Tony nominee James Monroe Iglehart brings the Genie to life in the new Broadway production of Aladdin, and his seven-and-a-half minute “Friend Like Me” is easily this season’s best production number, and a jaw-dropping athletic feat.
2. Ever since Robin Williams voiced the Genie in Aladdin 22 years ago, “Friend Like Me” has been an iconic Disney number.
5. The Original Broadway Cast Recording of Aladdin will be available digitally on May 27 and in stores June 17. Aladdin is on Broadway now at the New Amsterdam Theatre.
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌