1. Tony nominee James Monroe Iglehart brings the Genie to life in the new Broadway production of Aladdin, and his seven-and-a-half minute “Friend Like Me” is easily this season’s best production number, and a jaw-dropping athletic feat.
2. Ever since Robin Williams voiced the Genie in Aladdin 22 years ago, “Friend Like Me” has been an iconic Disney number.
5. The Original Broadway Cast Recording of Aladdin will be available digitally on May 27 and in stores June 17. Aladdin is on Broadway now at the New Amsterdam Theatre.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.