1. Tony nominee James Monroe Iglehart brings the Genie to life in the new Broadway production of Aladdin, and his seven-and-a-half minute “Friend Like Me” is easily this season’s best production number, and a jaw-dropping athletic feat.
2. Ever since Robin Williams voiced the Genie in Aladdin 22 years ago, “Friend Like Me” has been an iconic Disney number.
5. The Original Broadway Cast Recording of Aladdin will be available digitally on May 27 and in stores June 17. Aladdin is on Broadway now at the New Amsterdam Theatre.
- Iraq's prime minister has ordered the arrest of protesters who breached Baghdad's fortified "Green Zone" and occupied the parliament building.
- Around 100 people drowned this past weekend after two migrant vessels went down in the Mediterranean sea.
- And elephants performed for the last time at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey after years of protest from animal advocates 🐘