“I make this pasta just for me; I also make it for dinner guests who go absolutely crazy, every time. It’s so good — and absurdly easy. This is the official recipe, from my friend Jennifer Rubell. On busier (okay, lazier) days, I’ve actually made it with just the olive oil, Gorgonzola, and honey. Hope you love it as much as I do. — Alyssa Shelasky, 35, food writer, NYC
1. Penne Gorgonzola
Recipe by Jennifer Rubell
One 1-pound box penne
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons honey
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add the penne and cook for one minute less than the package’s lowest estimate, or until the penne is a little firmer than al dente.
3. Drain the past and return it to the pot, over low heat.
4. Immediately add all of the remaining ingredients and stir well until the cheese is melted.
BuzzFeed recipe testing notes: For prettier presentation — maybe for a dinner party — grate the lemon before juicing then sprinkle the zest on top to finish the pasta. Even better — stir in a chopped fresh herb, like parsley. This pasta is also delicious with toasted chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts mixed in.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."