6. Hard boil an egg in your coffee pot while it’s making coffee for a quick, multitasking breakfast.
These instructions (via reddit) are meant for brewing a full 12-cup pot of coffee:
1. Wash a raw egg. Don’t try to cook more than one at a time.
2. Place the egg—still in its shell—in the coffee grounds, right in the center. A minute or two after the coffee is done, take the egg out (careful, it’s very hot) and run it under cool water.
3. Peel and eat.
7. Use leftover coffee grounds to help your garden grow.
Coffee grounds are relatively high in nitrogen, which encourages healthy soil in gardens. They are also a great addition to your compost pile since nitrogen helps turns organic matter into compost. Coffee grounds are especially helpful to acid-loving plants like tomatoes, roses, azaleas and some fruit trees. To fertilize your garden with coffee, mix grounds with water for a liquid fertilizer, sprinkle them around the base of plants, or till them into heavy alkali soil to help encourage earthworms. The only thing to avoid is dumping coffee grounds in clumps since they can mold. Learn more from Fine Gardening and Science Daily.
12. Coffee beans can be used as pie weights.
When you prebake a pie crust — which is common for pecan pies, pumpkin pies, key lime pies, etc — you need to weigh down the raw crust to keep it from puffing up or shrinking as it bakes. Coffee beans can help! Line the bottom and sides of the cold dough with foil, then fill the foil with beans.
20. Or use ground coffee as a dry rub on meat and burgers.
21. Cover food in the microwave with a damp coffee filter to prevent splatters.
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren went full "nasty" on Trump, saying "nasty women" are going to cast their "nasty votes" on Nov. 8 🙋
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Jay Z is holding a concert for Clinton in Ohio aimed at mobilizing a group she's struggled to excite: black voters. 🎤
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏