In its basic form, streusel is made by simply mixing together butter, sugar, and flour.
You can add lots of other things like spices, oats, chopped nuts, and even peanut butter, as in this recipe for Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Streusel pictured above.
AND there’s this perfect layer between the streusel and the cake that gets especially gooey and sugary.
It is the best. I like to call this The Layer Of Extra Delight.
Coffee cake, while extraordinary, isn’t the only treat that benefits from streusel’s magical transformations. Behold:
7. Rhubarb Streusel Muffins
19. Streusel-Roasted Plums with Vanilla Ice Cream
28. Garnet Yams with Blis Maple Syrup and Maple-Sugar Streusel (left) and Granola Topped Sweet Potatoes (right)
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.
- Donald Trump said in an interview he thought being president would be easier than his life as a businessman.