20. Sweet Potato Ice Cream with Torched Marshmallows
OK, so this is a seasonal flavor from Jeni’s Splendid ice creams that isn’t currently available. BUT, before you scream at me, maybe if we all write to them and ask them to bring it back this fall, they will. Because it is one of the most glorious things I’ve ever tasted. Also you could use David Lebovitz’s sweet potato ice cream recipe from his awesome cookbook The Perfect Scoop, currently available on Scribd — but you’re on your own with the marshmallows.
NOTE: Writer reserves the right to add to this list at any time because the internet uncovers perfect foods every day. We can never know what’s coming.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.