1. You will need two mugs, beer or sparkling cider, an egg, honey, and butter.
For cider, get something good. We used Eric Bordelet’s Poire Authentique 2011 pear cider. For beer, use a brown ale or your favorite dark beer.
2. Put 3/4 oz. honey in a mug.
If you plan to use cider instead of the beer, use 1/2 oz.
3. Separate an egg.
4. Add just the yolk to the honey in the mug.
5. Add a spoonful of butter.
6. Stir vigorously.
7. Add 1 oz scotch whiskey.
You could also use regular whiskey.
8. Add about 5 ounces of sparkling cider or beer that you warmed in a saucepan.
9. Pour the drink into the empty mug.
10. Then back into the first mug.
11. Repeat, pouring back and forth about 10 times.
12. Until the drink is frothy.
14. Preferably as you watch the snow fall.
15. The Nemo Flip Out
Recipe by Eamon Rockey, managing partner at Brooklyn’s Aska
Typically a flip is a drink with a whole egg in it. Here there’s just an egg yolk, some sweetness, and a bunch of booze.
1/2 oz to 3/4 oz honey (use 1/2 oz for cider, 3/4 oz for beer)
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon butter
1 oz scotch whiskey
5 oz hot cider or dark beer
Combine the honey, egg yolk, and butter in a mug. Stir vigorously. Add whiskey. Gradually add hot cider (but not too hot, or you’ll cook the egg). Pour into an empty mug, then pour back into the first mug. Repeat about 10 times or until the drink is frothy.
- Hidden from public view, there's a parallel legal universe that empowers corporations to bend countries to their will, an investigation reveals.
- Mexican music legend Juan Gabriel has died at 66. The singer was known for his mariachi tunes and ballads on love and heartbreak.
- Beyoncé slayed her "Lemonade" performance at the MTV VMAs Sunday night 👸🐝