1. You will need two mugs, beer or sparkling cider, an egg, honey, and butter.
For cider, get something good. We used Eric Bordelet’s Poire Authentique 2011 pear cider. For beer, use a brown ale or your favorite dark beer.
2. Put 3/4 oz. honey in a mug.
If you plan to use cider instead of the beer, use 1/2 oz.
3. Separate an egg.
4. Add just the yolk to the honey in the mug.
5. Add a spoonful of butter.
6. Stir vigorously.
7. Add 1 oz scotch whiskey.
You could also use regular whiskey.
8. Add about 5 ounces of sparkling cider or beer that you warmed in a saucepan.
9. Pour the drink into the empty mug.
10. Then back into the first mug.
11. Repeat, pouring back and forth about 10 times.
12. Until the drink is frothy.
14. Preferably as you watch the snow fall.
15. The Nemo Flip Out
Recipe by Eamon Rockey, managing partner at Brooklyn’s Aska
Typically a flip is a drink with a whole egg in it. Here there’s just an egg yolk, some sweetness, and a bunch of booze.
1/2 oz to 3/4 oz honey (use 1/2 oz for cider, 3/4 oz for beer)
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon butter
1 oz scotch whiskey
5 oz hot cider or dark beer
Combine the honey, egg yolk, and butter in a mug. Stir vigorously. Add whiskey. Gradually add hot cider (but not too hot, or you’ll cook the egg). Pour into an empty mug, then pour back into the first mug. Repeat about 10 times or until the drink is frothy.
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."