Use bins, ideally with sloping sides, as stands and arrange as the perimeter for the field. We used these and secured them in place with binder clips.
Cut extra-large pieces of card stock to form a perimeter for your stadium that is a few inches taller than the baskets’ height, then fold the bottom of the card stock to form a stand, and cut slits in the folded part so it can curve around the perimeter of the baskets. Tape or velcro the card stock pieces together and to the back of the baskets. We used four 32×40-inch pieces of two-ply museum mounting board.
To extend the height of the “sides” of the stands (baskets), cut manila file folders on a diagonal and place one in between each basket.
Make a field goal out of beef jerky sticks. Make a scoreboard out of a king-size Hershey’s Bar and decorate with white icing. Construct lights out of popcorn, graham crackers, and pretzel rods. Use Fruit by the Foot decorated with icing to construct banners.
Make a halftime show stage out of a round loaf of bread, Thai chili peppers, and a mini Mars bar. And make players out of celery and carrot sticks wearing olive “helmets.” Smart to do all this stuff the night before so that any glue has time to set — also make sure to tell your guests that these elements of the field aren’t edible!
6. Fill the bins to the brim.
On one long side of the stadium, pile all the appetizers: lots of kinds of chips, crudités, and dips nestled down into the baskets in bowls. Then on the other side, build your DIY Sandwich Bar: buns in the first basket, meatballs in the next, then deli meats, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, pepperoncini, and condiments.
Fill the baskets behind one end zone with hot snacks like buffalo wings, pizza bites, and pigs in a blanket (nestle in bowls of blue cheese dip, marinara, and ketchup, respectively). Then fill the baskets in the other end zones with desserts like brownies, Rice Krispie treats, and chocolate chip cookies.
7. Fill in the field.
8. Stack food around the perimeter.
Pile up burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches along the long sides of the stadium perimeter to cover the card stock. On the short ends, pile brownies, Twinkies, and Rice Krispie treats.
Here’s the full list of ingredients we used:
- The Pentagon is investigating Trump's former national security adviser over payments he received from Russia-linked groups.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging incident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar issues.
- John McCain and Trump were supposed to be sworn enemies. But now the president may hire some of his former aides 🤗
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥