The Vegan Stoner is a cartoon tomato who always has the munchies and is a lazy cook. “He” is the invention of Portland-based designers Sarah Conrique and Graham I. Haynes, the writers, cooks, and illustrators behind VeganStoner.com. Each recipe is super easy and easy to follow — limited to about six ingredients and six steps — with illustrations of the ingredients. The duo’s first cookbook just came out; here are a few of its recipes.
1. Cook 1 cup dry pasta in a pot according to package.
2. Melt 2 spoonfuls of margarine in a pan.
3. Add ½ cup water and a can of drained peas.
4. Mix in a handful of nutritional yeast and 2 handfuls of flour.
5. Mix in a spoonful of mustard and a spoonful of chili sauce.
6. Mix cooked pasta into sauce.
1. Mix 2 spoonfuls of vegan sour cream with a spoonful of chili sauce in a bowl.
2. Heat 5 small tortillas and spread sour cream mixture on top.
3. Layer a handful of cabbage strips onto tacos.
4. Slice ½ block of tofu into rectangles.
5. Coat tofu in soy sauce, then panko crumbs.
6. Coat a pan with oil, fry tofu on both sides, and layer onto tacos.
1. Microwave a spoonful of margarine till melted.
2. Mix melted margarine with ½ cup powdered sugar, 2 spoonfuls of soy creamer, and a splash of vanilla.
3. Mix in 2 more spoonfuls of powdered sugar.
4. Dip crackers in mixture and lay on a nonstick baking sheet.
5. Top with sprinkles and place in freezer till solid.
Reprinted with permission from The Vegan Stoner Cookbook by Sarah Conrique and Graham I. Haynes, copyright © 2013. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House, Inc.
- The election is really, really over now: Jill Stein has dropped her Pennsylvania recount request, making Donald Trump the absolute winner.
- At least 9 are dead and 25 missing after a warehouse party fire in Oakland, CA. Dozens of fatalities are feared.
- Cuba prepares to bury Fidel Castro: his ashes arrived in Santiago Saturday, the city where he declared his socialist revolution victorious.
- This 23--year-old got her lost driver's license back in the mail along with a hilarious thank you note 📝😂